Ekaterina Atalik from Turkey won the longest game of the day against Mariya Muzychuk from Ukraine.
– How did you manage to outtrick your opponent in such a position?
– I think the critical moment of the game was after she pushed 22. d5 and. I think she miscalculated something because the endgame bishops and knights is very dangerous for white. I had a very dangerous h-pawn.
– Was it obligatory for her to give up a piece for this h-pawn?
– I think, it was. Maybe she miscalculated something after 33…Bf2, and I think 35…Ne2 was a good move. Then she was forced to give her bishop for the pawn.
– What does usually a chess player feel when he or she is going to play the endgame bishop and knight vs. king?
– Of course, I tried to remember how to checkmate (laughing). Well, actually I repeated it some time ago. I think it is always useful to repeat how to checkmate just in case. But it happened in my career for the second time. So I have little experience.